What causes chronic inflammation?
Chronic inflammation can be incredibly harmful to your health and wellbeing. It is often caused by untreated or chronic infections or injuries, autoimmune disorders, chronic or long-term exposure to chemicals, toxins and food allergens, and stress which can be mental, physical, or emotional.
One of the easiest ways to start reducing inflammation is by watching what you are putting into your body. Here are some of the foods as well as commonly found elements in those foods that can increase inflammation or further aggravate an inflammatory state:
- Refined sugar- high fructose corn syrup, cookies, cakes
- Saturated Fats – butter, mayonnaise, palm oil
- Artificial Sweeteners – aspartame, saccarin, diet sodas
- Pesticides and Chemicals – found on our fruits and vegetables and self-care prodcuts
- Trans Fats – vegetable shortening, fried fast food, non- dairy coffee creamers
- Refined Carbohydrates – pizza dough, white rice, breakfast cereals
- Gluten and Casein- bread, pasta, crackers
- MSG – Chinese food, ranch dressing, smoked meats
Ways to decrease inflammation
Here are a few tips of what you can do for reducing inflammation:
- Remove inflammatory foods from your diet
- Reduce stress and practice stress management
- Reduce exposure to toxins and chemicals
- Move your body
- Take supplements to support inflammation
- Drink plenty of water
Do not know which supplements to take? Try our Inflammation Master.
Inflammation Master is a wildcrafted and organic herbal supplement designed for daily use or during acute injuries. When you’re in pain, inflammation is the root cause. Muscles, skin, wounds, infections, brain, and even sinus cavities swell due to inflammation when there is a injury or attack. It is this inflammation that we perceive as pain. Naturally controlling this inflammation lets us cope with the pain better and lets the body heal quicker.
Our favorite 3 ingredients are:
Shiitake Mushrooms improve cell function, gut immunity and reduce inflammation.
The bioactive compounds in shiitake mushrooms can protect against inflammation.
Boswellia Serrata is better known as Frankincense has been used in Ayurveda for centuries. Boswellic acid is said to be a beneficial inhibitor of a pro- inflammatory enzyme called 5- Lipoxygenase which creates anti-inflammatory effects. New studies are showing that it can activate our fighter immune cells, especially lymphocytes, known to fight off viruses and cancer.
Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric and many studies are now replicating what eastern cultures have known for years. Consuming turmeric or curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory that can regulate pain. It can reduce blood levels of inflammation markers CRP and MDA.